If you want to use your stash and/or scrap fabric and perfect a faster way of making half square triangles, check out this pattern - OLD MOHAWK QUILT PATTERN! I have created a new video tutorial to supplement the pattern to help you in making 8 Half Square Triangle quilt blocks at a time. Talk about a time saver! You can check it out here and get a peek at the pattern!
- Quilt Pattern especially for Stash (mix of fabric lines/prints & solids)
- Instructions for 4 different sizes (Crib-Queen)
- Advanced Beginner Pattern
- Based on Contrary Wife Quilt Block
- Uses one background fabric and 8 prints/solids
- Supplemental Video Tutorial
HALF SQUARE TRIANGLE RESOURCES
- How To Make Half Square Triangles TWO At A Time
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How To Make Half Square Triangles Two At A Time
- How To Make Half Square Triangles EIGHT At A Time
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How To Make Half Square Triangles EIGHT At A Time (this post)
- How To Square Up Half Square Triangles Using the Quilt-in-A-Day HST Ruler
- Free Printable Half Square Triangle Cutting Chart (when you sign up for my Newsletter)
Ready to get sewing?
AnneMarie Chany is an author and pattern designer who teeters on both sides of the modern and traditional quilting line. She loves using bright colors and solid fabrics while nodding to traditional blocks. On the website, you'll find many resources to inspire and get you sewing right away like free quilt patterns, the Quilt Block Library with links to 350+ free quilt block tutorials, Block of the Month Clubs, and the Quilt Pattern Shop with clear detailed instructions to make your quilting easy and fun.
"all I need is fabric and coffee. and maybe chocolate too. yeah, definitely chocolate. let's create!"